Here's the recipe:
1 cup cold water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 packages of the same flavor kool-aid unsweetened flavored drink mix, 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt, 5 teaspoons cream of tartar.
1. In a pot combine water, oil, kool-aid and salt.
2. Heat and stir until salt dissolves.
3. Add flour and cream of tartar all at once to above.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well mixed and dough forms into a ball.
5. Remove from heat once the dough forms into a ball (this should only take a couple of minutes).
6. Cool on a clean baking sheet, kneading the dough as soon as it is cool enough.
7. Cool completely. Play away!
8. It should last a couple of months depending on how often it's played with.
Mallory enjoyed helping with the recipe!
Jillian and Mallory had a great time playing with it!!
Did you know playing with playdough....
-Improves hand strength and dexterity which ultimately helps those hand muscles needed for early writing skills.
-Is a great open ended activity- there's no right or wrong way (except maybe sticking it up your nose- that's probably a wrong way) :)
-Can help math skills by talking about the various shapes you can make.
-Is a great way to play scientist by asking your child questions like "How does the playdough feel.?" "What does it smell like.?", "What might happens when I put this ingredient in?"